Before I had kids, I had forgotten a few of life’s most profound and irrefutable truths:
- Anything in the entire universe can be created using the Earth’s five fundamental building blocks: crayons, construction paper, tape, scissors and glue.
- A fort is safest and most perfect place in creation.
- A fort may be built in any place, at any time, using any materials.
- Even the hardest, scariest and most daunting aspects of life are no match for soft jammies and a cuddly blanket.
- The world is joyous and fascinating. It can also be big and scary and hard. Family is what makes it the first part more often than it is the second.